Download Code Campaigns are a great way to share music with your fans. Give fans
a code and they can download the music that you have associated with that code.
There are many ways to use codes:
- Give codes to the audience of your concerts so that they can relive the concert
experience - a true InstantEncore!
- Create a set of highlights and pass out to fans, potential sponsors and donors
- Include codes on your business cards
- Sell download cards at your concerts or box office
- Download Code Campaigns are flexible - be creative with how you use them!
There are many benefits of Download Code Campaigns, including:
- Whenver someone redeems a code they are asked if they want to "Become a Fan" of
you on InstantEncore. When someone becomes your fan they automatically get alerted
when your new music, concerts, videos and more go online. You can also send personal
messages to all your fans.
- Download codes are a great way to re-engage your audience after the concert.
- Are you a 501c3 organization? If so, you can setup you Partner account to receive
donations whenever someone redeems a code. You can customize the "donation ask"
to maximize the effectiveness.
How they work
The first thing to do is create a Download Code Campaign. You'll need to pick the
type of codes to create (Universal or Personalized), choose the music you want to
associate with the campaign and optionally place an order for the printing of cards
with the codes.
To redeem a code your fans should go to your InstantEncore page (www.instantencore.com/yourpartnername)
and type in the code in the field that says "enter download code". If they don't
already have an InstantEncore account they will be asked to create one (it takes
less than a minute) and then they will be directed to their downloads.
There is no cost to create or redeem codes. You are free to create and distribute
as many codes as you like. InstantEncore only charges you if you order cards with
your codes printed on them for easy distrubition (more info in the Ordering Cards
Universal Codes - Recommended!
A Universal code is a single word or phrase, such as "ISOMozart08", that can be
given to multiple people. Universal codes are perfect for printing in a concert
program or advertisement. They can be printed on marketing materials or posted on
a website as a promotion. You can create multiple universal codes for a Download
Code Campaign and track the number of redemptions to see which promotion was most
A Personalized code is a unique 10 digit sequence of characters, such as "KAD3-C82W-CA".
Specify the number of Personalized codes you want and InstantEncore will automatically
create them. Unlike Universal codes, each Personalized code can only be redeemed
by one individual.
How to Distribute Codes
There are an unlimited number of ways that you can distribute your codes. Here are
just a few options:
- Order Download Cards (see section below) and hand them out as a special gift to
- Create a flyer that promotes the code and includes redemption instructions. Pass
out the flyer to the audience as they come to your concert, or insert the flyer
in the program.
- Email the code to your fan list, or use the InstantEncore Fan Center to send the
code to all the people who signed up to be your fan on InstantEncore.
- Share the code with your friends on Facebook or other social networking sites to
help promote your music.
- Be creative! Let us know what new ideas you come up with. We love featuring special
promotions by our partners.
InstantEncore offers a printing service if you would like to put your codes on cards
that you can hand out to fans. The cards are the size of business cards (approximately
2" x 3.5"), and can be printed in color on both sides. Typically, the front of the
card has a graphic chosen by you and the back has your download code and instructions
about how to redeem the code.
Pricing, Specs, Examples, Shipping Info and more...
To create or manage a Download Code Campaign go to the "Download Code Campaigns"
section of the Control Panel. If you have any questions please