Mobile App App FAQ for Partners
What are the requirements to sign up for an app?
In order to get a Mobile App through InstantEncore you must have a Partner account.
If you have not done so already, you may sign up for your FREE Partner account
When you order your app you will need to have the following information:
- A short app name for display on the device menu (12 character max) and a longer
name for the App Store or Android Market (30 character max, recommend 20).
- 1024 x 1024 pixels image that will be used as the univeral icon for your app. If
you upload an image that is not 1024 x 1024 it will be adjusted to fit that size.
This image will be scaled and reused as the univeral icon for your App. Please design
the image appropriately.
- 320 x 480 pixels image that will be displayed when the app is loading. If you upload
an image that is not this exact size it will be scaled to fit that size.
- Date you wish the app to be released.
- Credit card information for payment.
How do I get an app?
You can purchase your app
here. You may need to sign up
as a partner first.
How does my content (music, concert listings, podcasts, news and blogs) get on the
The music, concert listings, podcasts, news and blogs that are on your InstantEncore
page will automatically appear in your app. You can manage all your content in real
time through your InstantEncore Control Panel.
What app settings can be customized?
You may customize the following settings at anytime through the Control Panel:
- Highlight color (iPhone Only)
- Welcome message
- Featured item (music, concert listing, podcast, news or blog article)
- Picture of you in the app
- Online profile links (to your Facebook, MySpace, etc pages)
- The types of content to display (music, concert listings, podcasts, news, blogs)
Additionally, when you order the app you may set the following permanent settings:
- App name as it will appear on the iPhone menu (max 70px, about 12 character)
- App name as it will appear in the App Store (max 30 characters, recommend 20 or
- Icon for the device menu and App Store or Android Market
- Loading screen image
For examples of customization please see the
iPhone Customization page.