$15 in advance, $20 at the door.
ADVANCE TICKETS are available from all choir members in person, ONLINE HERE, and at selected local businesses.
We will be presenting a $2000 cheque to the local chapter of the Parkinson's society of Eastern Ontario at this concert. This gift is made possible through our concert ticket and CD sales. Thanks! CDs are always available at our concert during intermission and at the reception afterwards. Thanks to the Square, we can accept credit cards at the concert for cd sales, so do that early Christmas shopping :)
Since it was so well loved last spring, we are continuing to explore musical selections from the contemporary scene alternating with glorious prices from the Renaissance period. Here is the repertoire for the evening.
Due to popular demand ( and the fact that we all LOVE it) we are again singing the modern Ave Maria by Franz Biebl. If you have been living under a rock and have never heard it, here is an exquisite version of it on YouTube performed by a lone virtuoso, Mr. Matthew Curtis. We are planning to do quest workshops with Matthew here in Ottawa for the Stairwell Carollers upcoming 40th anniversary in 2017 -- which coincides with Canadas 150th birthday!
Don't miss this concert!
Here is a text list of the concert repertoire:
1. Amor Vittorioso - Giovanni Gastoldi (c.1550-1622)
2. Pater Noster - Igor Stravinsky
3. Dindirin, dindirin - Anon.(c.1500)
4. Earth Song - Frank Ticheli
5. Cucú, cucú! - Juan del Encina (1464-1523)
6. O magnum mysterium - Morten Lauridsen
7. Come Again - John Dowland (1563–1626)
8. O vos omnes - Pablo Cassals
9. Fa una canzone - Orazio Vecchi (1551-1605)
10. In Remembrance - Eleanor Daley
11. Tourdion - Claude Gervaise (fl.1540–1560)
12. Now Sleeps the Crimson Petal - Paul Mealor
13. La Tricotea - Franco Alonso (c.1490-1520)
14. Spaséniye sodélal - Pavel Chesnokov
15. Fair Phyllis - John Farmer (1570-1601)
16. Lux aurumque - Eric Whitacre
17. Le chant des oyseaux - Clément Janequin (c.1485-1558)
18. Esto les Digo - Kinley Lange
19. O Jesu Christe - Jacquet de Mantua (1483 -1559)
20. Salve Regina - Francis Poulenc
21. Corten espadas afiladas - Cancionero de Medinaceli (1500)
22. Ubi caritas - Maurice Duruflé
23. El Grillo - Josquin Des Prez (1440-1521)
24. Ave Maria - Franz Biebl
Tonight we are also singing a concert at Almonte United Church in Almonte, Ont.
Please call 613 256 1355 for ticket info.
And, for your listening pleasure, a TEASER PLAYLIST for the concert....
Check out our newsletter for more details!
(Yes, we will miss our "old" singers -- we wish them well as they go off to school or are planning to travel the world in their retirement.)
If you sing bass or tenor, and live within driving distance of the Ottawa (Canada's Capital) region, then the Stairwell Carollers may be the choir you're looking for. For our upcoming 2016 Spring season, we are auditioning Wednesday nights at the end of January. You must contact us to set up your audition time.
Rehearsals start Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 for our Spring madrigal and sacred music season.
(Reading music is an asset but not a necessity.)
Don't delay! Contact us to book your audition time.
Les Chanteurs Stairwell font des auditions régulièrement. Nous recherchons des basses et des tenors pour Janvier 2016.
(Lire la musique est un atout mais n'est pas essentiel.)
Pour plus de renseignements, envoyez-nous un courriel.
If you live in the Ottawa/Hull area and love to sing, set up your audition with us now!
"The Alabama Dance Festival mobile app from Instant Encore has greatly enhanced and improved the experience of our patrons and dance registrants. Info about performances, classes, locations, tickets, guest artists, faculty - everything you want to know about our multi-tiered event happening all over the city is now at your fingertips and always with you!"